Hey all! Time for an update! I’ve been completely overwhelmed by all the great reactions to my trip from all over the world :).. So far 64 sponsorships from all over the world have come in! Swedish, Norwegians, Greeks, UK, Germans, Colombians, Pakistani, Austrian, USA, Chinese, Indian, Singaporean, Italian and Dutch, such a great mix!
So far I have raised €1880 + €950 matching from Accenture which amounts to €2830! Only €670 left to reach my target 🙂
Some frequently asked questions 🙂
- What’s happening with the money I donate? Well if donated through justgiving.com/sabrinabos then it goes straight to VSO, the charity. I will never see it again, so it’s safe up there ;).
- Why does Accenture not pay for the trip? Yeah I wish! They won’t pay for me to go on holiday 🙂 What they ARE doing, is doubling all donations from Accenture people up to €1000. So that already helps a lot towards my goal. And no, I also do not get special days off for this.. all up to me 🙂
- People have been asking me, what happens if you don’t make the fundraising target? Well, then I have to add the money myself 🙂 I made the commitment to raise this amount of money, just like all the other participants.
- How many people are going? Unfortunately, only 7 people are joining this year! Advantage might be however, that we have a great chance to get to know each other 🙂
- How long are you taking to reach the top? Here is the itinerary! Kilimanjaro_Summit_Climb_Itinerary_2014_VSO_accenture
- So why are you still doing this? Because I can’t help myself 🙂 The exitement of something coming up, some adventure in the future keeps me going. Having a goal and something to work towards to keeps me running 🙂
Next to making great progress on the fundraising I have also been working on some training and my trekking gear. If anyone has tips on how to prepary physically for this challenge, please share 🙂 Also, any tips on stuff to take on this trip are more than welcome. I’ve heard about camelbak (waterbag for in the bagpack), water purifying tablets, walking sticks, extra shoelaces etc.. any necessities?
Will keep you posted! 🙂 Love, Sabrina